Residents' parking permits

Parking schemes stop non-residents parking in residential areas where parking has become a problem.

How do I use this permit?

There are several designated residential parking zones in Denbighshire. They are clearly marked with signs and road markings. If you live in one of these zones, and you regularly park on the road in that zone, you must apply for a permit, even if you have a blue badge. 

Designated residential parking zones

You can only apply for a permit if you live on one of these streets. You cannot apply for a permit if you have a business on one of these streets and do not live on the premises.


  • Highgate
  • Love Lane
  • Vale Street


  • Bridge Street
  • Chapel Street
  • Church Street


  • Llanrhydd Street
  • Market Street
  • Mount Street
  • Wernfechan


  • Bath Street
  • Bedford Street
  • Brighton Road
  • Clwyd Street
  • Crescent Road
  • Elwy Street
  • Kings Avenue
  • Kinmel Street
  • Morlan Park
  • Oxford Grove
  • Paradise Street
  • Princes Street
  • Promenade: East Parade
  • Promenade: Marine Drive
  • Promenade: West Parade
  • Thorpe Street
  • Vezey Street
  • West Kinmel Street
  • Windsor Street

St Asaph

  • Chester Street
  • Mount Road

How do I apply for a permit?

To apply for a residents parking permit, please complete an application form and return it to the address on the form.

How much does it cost?

Residents parking permits cost £25.54 per permit per year. Please include a cheque or postal order made payable to Denbighshire County Council with your application form. 

Replacements for lost or stolen permits cost £5. 

If you have a blue badge, you will not need to pay for your residents parking permit, but you will need to send us a copy of your blue badge with your application form. 

If you change your vehicle, you must return your permit to us and we will give you a replacement. There is no charge for this.