Apply for building regulations consent
There are two types of building regulations consent you can submit an application for; If your property is non-commercial, you can submit a full plans application or a building notice. If you are applying for building regulations to a commercial building you will need to submit a full plans application.
Full Plans application
For a Full Plans application, plans need to be produced showing construction details along with structural calculations. The application will be thoroughly checked by us, and we may request amendments to the plans prior to approval being given. We may add conditions to an approval which will need to be addressed before a completion certificate is issued.
Full plans application form (PDF, 384KB)
A Building Notice is a notification that you intend to carry out building work, inspections will be carried out once work has commenced on site. If at any stage the building control officer finds that the works do not comply with current regulations, you will be asked to rectify works or provide further details before stages can be signed off.
Building notice application form (PDF, 384KB)
Both application types will incur charges dependant on the application type.
Building regulations guidance notes and charges (PDF, 312KB)
If you are not sure which charge applies to your application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the work you will be carrying out and we will advise you.
Why choose local authority building control
Our qualified and experienced building control surveyors can approve building works to domestic and commercial buildings. We are committed to maintaining high standards to ensure that the built environment in which we all live, work and play is safe and healthy for all.
There are many advantages to using your local authority for your building regulations requirements, including;
- Pre-application advice service to help your project run smoothly
- Wide range of site inspections carried out next day when request is received before 4.00pm and site advice where problems arise
- Knowledge of local area, history of sites and geological conditions
- Dedicated building control surveyor and technical support team
- Access to a building control duty officer during office hours Monday to Friday
- We will work with the local fire authority and water authority to assist you with your project.
- We do not operate a risk based service like many alternative providers, we inspect to protect you.
- As a local authority we are publicly accountable, transparent and a not for profit organisation. Our fees are published and there are no hidden extras
- We will provide you with a completion certificate at the end of your project