Planning and building regulations

Planning permission is needed to build on or change the use of land or buildings. Building regulations set standards for the design and construction of structures.

Unauthorised Gypsy/Traveller site between Llandegla and Bwlchgwyn

The Council has served a planning Enforcement Notice in relation to the above site, and we continue to receive a high volume of queries about the case. In response, we are providing updates about the case here.

The current status of the case is as follows:

An Enforcement Notice has been issued to require the restoration of the site to its prior, authorised state. The period for compliance with the Notice elapsed on the 6th May 2021, but its recipients have not complied with the requirements of the Notice. The Council has therefore carried out a partial clearance of the site. The Council is actively considering what further steps we can take to enforce compliance. We have obtained independent legal advice to ensure that our next steps are compliant with the law.

This status was updated on the 17th September 2021 and is reviewed regularly. A further status update will be provided in due course.

Unauthorised Gypsy/Traveller site between Llandegla and Bwlchgwyn: Frequently Asked Questions

Further information about how the Council deals with alleged planning breaches is provided in our planning compliance charter.

Services and information


Find out if you need to apply for planning permission.

Building regulations

Find out about the standards for the design and construction of buildings.

Search and comment on applications

View and have your say on current applications.

Local Development Plan (LDP)

The LDP determines where new development will take place.

Make a planning application

Submit an application for planning permission.

Former North Wales Hospital 

Information about the Former North Wales Hospital.

Street naming and numbering

Information about Street naming and numbering in Denbighshire.

Local Authority searches

Land charge searches are carried out when buying a property or piece of land to see if restrictions affect the land or property.

Common land and village greens

We hold the registers for both common land and village greens within Denbighshire.

Conservation areas and listed buildings

Listed buildings and conservation areas are protected because of their special historic interest.