What do I do with compostable waste?

Vegetable peelings, grass cuttings, tree cuttings, tea bags and coffee grinds, hair, thin cardboard and newspaper, used tissues (torn into small pieces) and shredded paper can go in your home compost bin if you have one.

Managing a successful open compost heap in your garden is also very beneficial to local wildlife, attracting insects that animals feed on, such as hedgehogs and garden birds.

Please do not mix garden waste with food or other composting materials such as paper, card or newspaper in Council green bin collections.

Small amounts of compost can be placed into your garden waste bin (for example compost attached to the roots of a plant).

Larger amounts of compost should be placed within the general waste skip at your local Recycling and Waste Park.