Report an empty or dilapidated property

If you are concerned about an empty or dilapidated property, you can contact us to report it.

Contact us: Housing

What will we do about it?

When you tell us about an empty or dilapidated property, we will trace the owner and work with them to bring the property back into use.

We will take action against owners of vacant and run down properties where there is evidence of:

  • rubbish building up
  • infestations of vermin, particularly rats
  • a risk of injury to children and others who enter the building
  • drug users getting into the property and leaving syringes
  • ruined and neglected buildings which are an eyesore, and have a negative effect on the neighbourhood

What are we doing about empty homes?

We are working with North Wales Housing Association to bring long-term empty homes which have been unoccupied for more than 6 months back into use.

We will work with owners of empty homes to bring the properties back into use, by providing help and support to sell, rent out or renovate the property. If you own an empty property in Denbighshire, contact us to find out how we can help you.

You can find out more about what we are doing about empty homes in Denbighshire by reading our empty homes delivery plan.