Pay your social housing rent

There are several ways you can pay your rent, so pick the one that works best for you.

Pay online

Pay your rent online

You can use your debit or credit card to pay your rent online.

Direct Debit

If you have a bank or building society account, this is the easiest way to pay. Your rent will be paid from your account automatically every month.

To set up a direct debit, contact us online to request a direct debit mandate (external website) or phone 01824 706000.

Standing Order

If you’d like to set up a standing order, please contact us on 01824 706000 or contact us online (external website) and we can arrange for a form with all the relevant details to be sent to you. You can take this to your bank and they can set this up for you. Alternatively, if you have online banking, we can provide you with account details for you to set this up yourself.

Rent swipe card

If you have a swipe card, you can use this to pay your rent at a post office or One Stop Shop. You must pay in cash and there is a minimum payment of £5. If you lose your swipe card, please call us on 01824 706000 or contact us online (external website) to discuss other options available for you as we are no longer issuing new ones.

Pay over the phone

You can use your debit or credit card to pay over the phone. When you call us, you will need your rent reference number or swipe card, and we will ask for your name and address.

  • 24 hour automated payment line: 0300 4562499
  • 01824 706000 (Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm. Friday: 9am to 4:30pm)

Pay by post

You can pay your rent by sending a cheque or postal order made payable to Denbighshire County Council to:

Rhyl One Stop Shop
Church Street
LL18 3AA

Please include your rent reference number, and your name and address. We will only send you a receipt if you ask for one.

Problems paying?

If you are having difficulty paying your rent, you may be entitled to housing benefit. If you don’t currently receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, but think you may qualify, you can find information and advice in our benefits, grants and money advice section.

To discuss how we can help you, contact us online (external website) or call us on 01824 706000.

Important information about rent increases and benefits

As a result the of annual rent increases, you will need to take action if you receive Universal Credit.

The housing cost element of Universal Credit

If you receive Universal Credit, you must tell the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) about your rent increase as soon as possible. If you don’t, you are at risk of losing out on the amount you can claim towards your rent.

To report this change, log on to your account at:

GOV.UK: Sign in to your Universal Credit account (external website)

Phone us on 01824 706000 if you need help understanding your rent and service charges.

Housing Benefit

If you receive Housing Benefit, you don’t need to do anything. Your account will automatically be updated to show the changes. The Housing Benefit Department will write to you when they have worked out how much Housing Benefit you will get.