Benefits, grants and money advice 

We work in partnership with other agencies to provide benefits, grants and money advice to residents and businesses. 

Services and information

Cost of Living Support

Information about the support available to help people with the cost of living.

Benefits calculators (external website)

You can use an independent, free and anonymous benefits calculator to check what financial help you could be entitled to.

Discretionary Housing Payments

Discretionary Housing Payments can help people receiving Housing Benefit/Universal Credit with ongoing rent costs, deposits and/or removals.

Council tax reduction scheme

You may be entitled to a reduction in your Council Tax depending on your income.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a benefit designed to support people of working age who are on a low income or out of work.

Housing benefits

You may be able to claim help with your rent if you are of State Pension age or residing in supported accommodation.

Education and schools: Grants and funding

Financial support from free school meals to student loans.

Discretionary Assistance Fund (DAF) (external website)

For those in financial hardship, the Discretionary Assistance Fund provides two types of grant that you do not need to pay back.

Working Denbighshire

Help and advice for people trying to find employment or to further their careers.

Help with mortgage debt or rent arrears

If you are worried about paying your mortgage or keeping up with your rent payments there are many ways you can get help and support.

Business funding and grants

Information about the grants and support available for new or existing businesses. 

Adapting or improving a property

Find out about the help available to change or improve your home, or make it more energy efficient.

Winter Fuel Payment (external website)

If you were born before 25 September 1957 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills.

Cold weather payments (external website)

You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest.

Appeal a benefits decision

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your benefit claim, then you can ask for a reconsideration or appeal the decision.

Report benefit fraud (external website)

Report benefit fraud online.

Wales Illegal Money Lending Unit (WIMLU) (external website)

Contact WIMLU for help if you, or someone you know, is a victim of illegal money lending or if you think there is a loan shark operating in your area.

Tax-free and taxable state benefits (external website)

Information about state benefits that are taxable and tax-free state benefits.

Consumer advice (external website)

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline if you need more help with a consumer problem.

Pension Credit (external website)

Pension Credit provides extra money to help with living costs for people over State Pension age and on a low income.

Citizens Advice Denbighshire (external website)

Free, confidential and impartial advice to help people maximise their income, find debt solutions, benefit entitlements, consumer rights and much more.