Cambrian Credit Union: payroll saving scheme.
Denbighshire County Council have teamed up with Cambrian Savings & loans (external website) to offer our staff an easy way of building a nest egg or borrowing extra funds when you need them.
With the Moneyworks Wales (external website) payroll scheme you set the amount of money you want to put aside on a regular basis and this will be paid direct from your salary into your Cambrian Savings & Loans account. You can vary the amount at any time, and have access to your savings when you need them.
If you need a loan – perhaps for an unforeseen expense, to consolidate debts or pay for home improvements, Cambrian Savings & Loans offers a financially sympathetic service, with discounted loan rates.
Repayments are made directly from your salary, offering you peace of mind that your payments will be made on time.
Why join the scheme?
- It’s an easy way to save for those little emergencies or for holidays, Christmas or a new car etc.
- A small sum automatically deducted from salary builds up a nice nest egg without you noticing it.
Plus simple, flexible, affordable loans
- Available when needed with flexible repayment periods to suit you.
- Low, manageable interest with no penalties for repaying early.
To open an account:
Simply visit https://www.cambriancu.com (external website), choose “become a member” and download the mobile app from the App Store (external website) or Google Play Store (external website) to access our services.
To begin saving direct from your wages follow these instructions:
- visit https://www.cambriancu.com/payroll (external website)
- select your employer from our drop down list
- download and complete the form then send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the amount you wish to save or pay towards a loan or even both
Are there any membership fees?
Every member of Cambrian Credit Union must keep £5 in their share account at all times. An annual membership fee of £3 is taken on the anniversary of joining the credit union.
What is a credit Union? (external website)