Premises licence applications

We publish details of applications for the grant or variation of premises licences or club premises certificates which are currently being considered. This list is updated on a weekly basis.

Applications received from 22 February to 26 February
Denbighshire Leisure Ltd
Address The Pavillion Theatre and 1891 Restaurant, Pavilion Theatre, East Parade, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 3AQ
Type of licence Premises
Variation or grant Variation
Date received 23 February 2021
Licence number PL(A)0362
Hours of operation 11am to 11pm
Licence activities Sale of alcohol
Last date for representations 24 March 2021
Applications received from 15 February to 19 February
Mr Jeevanathan Thirunavukarsu/ TAA Local
Address TAA Local 28 West Parade Rhyl Denbighshire LL18 1HF
Type of licence New premises
Variation or grant Grant
Date received 19 February 2021
Licence number 551253
Hours of operation 8am to 11.59pm
Licence activities Alcohol
Last date for representations 19 March 2021


If you are concerned that a premises licence application will have a negative effect for you or your family, you can object to it by making a representation to the council. This applies to new licence applications and applications to vary (change) existing licences.

How do I make a representation?

You can either make a representation as an individual or as a group.

Representations can only be made based on how the application affects you or your group under the four aims of the Licensing Act 2003, which are: 

  • preventing crime and disorder
  • preventing public nuisance 
  • public safety 
  • protecting children from harm

This means that you can object to any licence being granted, ask for times to be amended or conditions to be added as long as your representation can be linked to one of these fours aims of the Act.

To make a representation, write a letter to us and include your details, those of the premises concerned, details of your objection, and any suggested conditions that would alleviate your concerns if they were applied to the application. Send the letter to: Licensing Section, Denbighshire County Council, PO Box 62, Ruthin, Denbighshire LL15 9AZ

You can also email your representation to  If you e-mail us, please make sure that your representation includes a scanned signature.

For your representation to be considered, we must receive it by the closing date shown on the list of current applications.