Entertainment and alcohol

The Licensing Act 2003 introduced a single licence scheme for licensing premises which supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment and late night refreshment.

Services and information

Personal licence

How to apply for and renew a personal licence to sell alcohol.

Premises licence

Applications, fees and guidance on premises licences and provisional statements.

Notification of interest

Get notifications when applications are received in respect of your premises.

Club premises certificate

Find out if your club qualifies for a club premises certificate, and how to apply.

Temporary event notice (TEN)

Guidance on how to apply for a permit to hold temporary events or functions.

Premises licences applications

View a list of current applications under the Licensing Act and how to comment.

Security Industry Authority (external website)

Find out about Security Industry Authority (SIA) licences.

Reviews under the Licensing Act

Premises licences and club premises certificate reviews.

DPS variations and removals

How to change the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) or relinquish your role as DPS.

Interim authority notice

An Interim Authority Notice must be submitted if a premises licence holder dies, becomes insolvent or becomes mentally incapable.

Transfer of premises licence

How to transfer a premises licence to a new licence holder.