Gambling licences

The Gambling Act 2005 regulates all gambling activity in the UK, apart from spread betting and the National Lottery.

Services and information

Gambling premises licence

The council authorises the provision of facilities for gambling.

Gambling permits

We issue gambling permits for alcohol-licensed premises, unlicensed family entertainment centres, clubs and prize gaming.

Small society lotteries

These do not need a licence, but must be registered with the council.