Gambling premises licence

Facilities for gambling can be made available on licensed premises, including: 

  • bingo premises 
  • betting premises (including tracks) 
  • adult gaming centres 
  • family entertainment centres

We do not accept applications for gambling premises licences for casinos.

We recommend you read through our Statement of Gambling Policy

Statement of Gambling Policy (PDF, 711KB)

How do I apply for this licence?

To apply for a gambling premises licence, you may also need an operator licence and a personal licence from the Gambling Commission.

Find out more about the licences you may need on the Gambling Commission website (external website)

You'll need to complete a gambling premises licence application form and return it to us, along with a plan of the premises and a cheque for the appropriate fee. 

Gambling premises licence application form (PDF, 146KB)

Send your completed application to:

Licensing Team
Denbighshire County Council
Smithfield Road
LL16 3RJ

You will also need to:

  • send the notice of application to all Responsible Authorities within seven days of making your application. 
  • publish a prescribed notice of application in a local newspaper within 10 working days of making your application. 
  • publish the same prescribed notice of application on the premises, where it can be read by the public from outside. The notice must stay for 28 days, starting from when the application is made.
Responsible Authorities for Denbighshire County Council Gambling Act 2005

Conwy and Denbighshire Licensing Manager

Denbighshire Safety Office

Health and Safety Section (Public Protection)

Planning Compliance (Planning Section)

Safe Guarding and Regeneration Section

HM Revenue and Customs

Gambling Commission

  • Address:

    Victoria Square House
    Victoria Square
    B2 4BP

  • Email:
  • Phone number: 0121 230 6666
  • Fax number: 0121 233 1096

How much does it cost?

Application fees and annual maintenance fees vary depending on the individual licence. Please check the fees list to see how much you are likely to be charged.

Gambling licence fees (PDF, 72KB)

How can I pay?

Payment can be made by card over the phone to customer services (01824 706000) or you can pay by BACS. Payment by cheque or cash is only available at one of Denbighshire’s One Stop Shops.

Payment by BACS

Our BACS details are:

  • Bank: Natwest, 5 Queen Street, Rhyl, LL18 1RS
  • Sort code: 54 41 06
  • Account number: 22837469
  • Account name: Denbighshire County Council County Fund

Please ensure that you include a reference when you are making payment i.e. name/premises/licence number (if known) together with the cost code. Once payment has been made, please send a copy of the remittance to

Cost code

Please provide the cost code 3476-40090 when making a Gambling premises licence payment.

Failing to provide the appropriate cost code or premises name may delay processing your application.