Gambling premises licence
Facilities for gambling can be made available on licensed premises, including:
- bingo premises
- betting premises (including tracks)
- adult gaming centres
- family entertainment centres
We do not accept applications for gambling premises licences for casinos.
We recommend you read through our Statement of Gambling Policy
Statement of Gambling Policy (PDF, 711KB)
How do I apply for this licence?
To apply for a gambling premises licence, you may also need an operator licence and a personal licence from the Gambling Commission.
Find out more about the licences you may need on the Gambling Commission website (external website)
You'll need to complete a gambling premises licence application form and return it to us, along with a plan of the premises and a cheque for the appropriate fee.
Gambling premises licence application form (PDF, 146KB)
Send your completed application to: Licensing Section, Denbighshire County Council, PO Box 62, Ruthin, LL15 9AZ.
You will also need to:
- send the notice of application to all Responsible Authorities within seven days of making your application.
- publish a prescribed notice of application in a local newspaper within 10 working days of making your application.
- publish the same prescribed notice of application on the premises, where it can be read by the public from outside. The notice must stay for 28 days, starting from when the application is made.
Responsible Authorities gambling Act 2005 (PDF, 109KB)
How much does it cost?
Application fees and annual maintenance fees vary depending on the individual licence. Please check the fees list to see how much you are likely to be charged.
Gambling licence fees (PDF, 72KB)
How can I pay?
Payment can be made by card over the phone or in person (by appointment) at our Caledfryn offices. Payment by cheque or cash is only available at one of Denbighshire’s One Stop Shops. Please contact us for the appropriate reference number before attempting to pay. Failing to provide the appropriate reference number may delay your application.