Customer Service standards
Our Customer Service standards explain what you can expect from the Council when you contact us.
We promise to make it easy for you to access our services in ways that are convenient and available to you.
We commit to putting you, the customer, at the heart of what we do and the way we work. This means we, the Council will:
- take responsibility
- be polite, professional and always try to help
- listen so we can better understand your needs
- get things right first time
- explain what will happen next and when
- provide accurate information
- keep you informed
- communicate with you in your preferred language or method
- welcome feedback and tell you how it has made a difference; and
- treat customers fairly and with respect
Visit our website or e-mail
We will acknowledge as soon as possible and send a full response within 10 working days.
We will answer your call as soon as possible and make sure your enquiry or request is directed to the right person first time.
We will write back as soon as possible, and at the very latest within 10 working days with an answer or explanation of what will happen next, why and when.
We will deal with your enquiry straight away and direct you to the correct person first time.
Ask us to visit
We will make an appointment in advance where possible. If not, we will identify ourselves clearly with a name badge or warrant card, explaining who we are and why we are visiting.
If we don't meet these standards or you have a suggestion or comment about our services please tell us.
To find out what you can expect from individual Council services, have a look at their Customer Service standards below:
- Customer Services (PDF, 115KB)
- Adult and Business Services (PDF, 118KB)
- Business Planning and Performance (PDF, 54KB)
- Children and Family Services (PDF, 312KB)
- Communication, Marketing and Leisure Services (PDF, 124KB)
- Education Support (PDF, 120KB)
- Finance and Assets (PDF, 60KB)
- Housing Services (PDF, 117KB)
- Highways and Environmental Services (PDF, 123KB)
- Legal and Democratic Services (PDF, 122KB)
- Planning and Public Protection Services (PDF, 197KB)