Is my home suitable for me?

There are changes and improvements you can make to your home to make it safe to live independently.

DEWIS (external website) is a directory of services and advice available to support your independence at home

There is a falls prevention service in North Wales for anyone over 65 who has had a fall, or is fearful of having a fall.  

Denbighshire’s Community Equipment Service can provide a range of equipment to help with everyday tasks which will help you to maintain your independence and safety.

Telecare – specialised equipment to help maintain your independence at home.

Care and Repair (external website) will help homeowners over 60 and private tenants to repair, adapt and maintain their homes. Care and Repair (external website) will visit you at home to discuss what repairs or adaptations you need, the possible solutions, the likely costs and sources of funding.

We can also provide information and support about housing adaptations to support your independence longer term.

If you would like more information or advice, you can visit a Talking Point or contact the Single Point of Access.