Road and highway licences

We manage the licensing for all public roads, footways and footpaths in Denbighshire. We can take action against unlicensed structures or activities on the highway, so please check with us if you are not sure whether you need a licence.

Services and information

Skip permits

You need a licence to put a skip on the highway.

Scaffolding licences

You must get a licence before putting up scaffolding on the highway.

Road closure applications

If you want to temporarily close a road for any reason, you must apply to the council.


You can apply to have white ‘H’ shaped lines painted on the kerbside to draw attention to a driveway or access.