Financial support

Information about the financial support available based on a person's income.

Advicelink Cymru - Here to help with the cost of living

If you are not sure about what support is available to you, Advicelink Cymru can help you check what you are entitled to and help you claim what’s yours.

Find out more about Advicelink Cymru (external website)

Services and information

Child Trust Fund (external website)

Information about Child Trust Funds including what they are, managing an account and more.

Pension Credit (external website)

Pension Credit provides extra money to help with living costs for people over State Pension age and on a low income.

Discretionary Housing Payments

Discretionary Housing Payments can help people receiving Housing Benefit/Universal Credit with ongoing rent costs, deposits and/or removals.

Council Tax Reduction Scheme

You may be entitled to a reduction in your Council Tax depending on your income.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a benefit designed to support people of working age who are on a low income or out of work.

Discretionary Assistance Fund (DAF) (external website)

For those in financial hardship, the Discretionary Assistance Fund provides two types of grant that you do not need to pay back.

Warm Home Discount Scheme (external website)

You could get £140 off your electricity bill for winter under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

Cold weather payments (external website)

You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest.

Money and mental health (external website)

Money worries can have a big impact on our mental health. Get information and support about money and mental health form Mind.

Working Denbighshire

Help and advice for people trying to find employment or to further their careers.

Stop Loan Sharks Wales (external website)

Stop Loan Sharks Wales supports victims of illegal money lenders, more commonly known as loan sharks.

MoneyHelper (external website)

MoneyHelper have useful tools, calculators and guides to help you keep on top of your money.

Cost-of-living Support Scheme

The Cost of living Support Scheme can provide a £150 cost of living payment to eligible households.

Cost of Living Roadshows

Our Cost of Living roadshows provide information and advice about the support available to help people with the cost of living.

Winter Fuel Payment (external website)

If you were born before 25 September 1957 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills.

LEAP – The Energy and Money Saving Service

LEAP help alleviate the health problems older people may suffer as a result of living in cold homes.

Citizens Advice Denbighshire (external website)

Citizens Advice Denbighshire provide free, confidential and impartial advice and campaign on big issues affecting people's lives.

Marriage Allowance (external website)

Information about Marriage Allowance for couples who are married or in a civil partnership.