A healthier and happier, caring Denbighshire
What we want
Promote the safety, resilience and well-being of people of all ages, using strong community networks that enable people to live safely, happily, independently, and receive support when needed.
What we aim to do:
- Ensure that the council’s social care offer is of a high standard, which includes:
- Promoting a strong culture of safeguarding children, young people and adults in the county.
- Providing the best possible care and support through our Corporate Parenting role.
- Supporting those with additional learning or complex needs.
- Working with partners to enhance support and respite for carers. This includes carers of all ages.
- Continue to work towards being a Dementia Friendly Organisation.*
- Work with the Welsh Government to contribute to the provision of a high-quality national care service.
- Support the well-being, mental-health and resilience of individuals within communities by:
- Ensuring access to the right information, advice and assistance through our Single Point of Access (SPoA), Community Navigator, and Library Services.
- Encouraging communities to be age-friendly, intergenerational and inclusive, reducing isolation and loneliness.*
- Supporting local sports facilities to bring people together.