A prosperous Denbighshire
What we want
Support economic recovery, capitalising on opportunities to enable residents to access decent employment and income. We want to use economic growth as a driver to reduce inequality and poverty.
What we aim to do:
- Work collaboratively with communities and partners to deliver projects and initiatives that will stimulate economic growth, including:
- Working with Ambition North Wales on North Wales Growth Deal projects.
- The Welsh Government’s Transforming Towns Programme.
- The UK Government’s Levelling Up Fund.
- The new Queen's Market in Rhyl, that will provide employment and a mixed-use hall offering artisan eateries, retail and events space.
- The former North Wales Hospital in Denbigh, which will provide construction jobs and apprenticeship opportunities during the construction phase, and homes and community facilities in the long-run.
- Develop an economic strategy that will:
- Grow Denbighshire’s green economy.
- Support rural businesses.
- Regenerate town centres.
- Enhance our tourism offer.
- Provide advice and support that will:
- Enable strong business growth and economic development.
- Support the growth of the local social economy, including community businesses, cooperatives and social enterprises.
- Secure local community benefits through our procurement and social partnerships.